Happy New Year, beautiful creatures! May 2018 be your year – the year that you come in peace, acceptance and complete love with yourself! I have many things that I want to accomplish this year and the most important one is that I want to offer you more: you, the gorgeous lady who are reading this or the handsome man in front of your laptop. First of all, I want to offer you support and prove you that you are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
“Happy girls are the prettiest!”
I myself had a long journey in accomplishing this and I do have my struggling days, we all do. But in the end, I am so happy for becoming who I am today and so eager to find out who am I going to be next year, that this journey fills me with love and beauty!
“Happy girls are the prettiest!”, said Audrey Hepburn and she knew well! You, my friend, have to start to be HAPPY today and thankful for what you have and amazed of what you can achieve. The possibilities are limitless and I think that we can build the lives that we want, we can use our talents, we can create and make this world a better place!
Let’s start with the simple things and you will be amazed of where life will take you!
1. Don’t spend too much time on silly things! Get over the fixations that you have as they will only drag you down and keep you in a past moment, stuck in that time frame. And you know, you really know that these silly things are not important and all they do is consume your time and energy!
“I got 10 times more productive just because my thoughts were not interrupted by that desire and I had the time to finish ideas.”
2. Stop bad habits and lean towards a more healthy lifestyle. I am not telling you to become super pumped with gym and diets and so on, but just quit those habits that you know that consume your time and energy, as these are the most valuable things! And it is so easy to do that. I have quit smoking more than 3 years ago (being a heavy smoker) and I couldn’t have imagined it would be so easy! In less than 21 days I forgot I was ever a smoker. And the energy I had after that was insane, not to mention the time that you spend going out to smoke, going out to buy cigs or thinking that you have to go out to smoke, thinking that you need that. I got 10 times more productive just because my thoughts were not interrupted by that desire and I had the time to finish ideas.
3. Don’t kill your time by hanging out with your friends, just because it is Saturday night and “everybody goes out”. If you are in the mood of reading a book or learning a new skill or just sleeping, just do that. This night in will count more on the long term than just one Saturday night out. I am sure you are having fun anyway, it doesn’t need to be Monday or Saturday plus if you want a change and want to build something, time is your most important asset! Not to mention the next day saved by not being hangover!
“You know what you are capable of and you are working hard to get there so no one has the right to bring you down.”
4. Stop judging and comparing yourself to other people!! Hey, I know, this is a hard one! It is easy to judge and easy to excuse yourself of not working hard enough because you didn’t have as much money as X, or the same chances, etc. But do I need to remind you that the most famous people around have had miserable lives and no chances at all, but they still managed to get there by working hard, dreaming big and not giving up.
“Everyone wants good things, everyone wants love, care, support, so why even try the other way? It makes no sense! You need love, show love!”
5. Don’t give up and don’t let yourself judged! Unless you are judged by pros in your area, strictly professional, with their sole purpose of helping you grow! But do not listen to other people’s opinions, even if they are your friends. They may not have a clue of what they are talking! You know what you are capable of and you are working hard to get there so no one has the right to bring you down. There are again so many examples of successful people who wore told that they are not good enough or that they will never succeed and so on and look at them now. I have also had my share of people who tried to end my dreams, even if they were teachers or grown ups, but hey, I didn’t listen to them and I was lucky enough to have other teachers who believed in me. Not everybody has a great intuition and some people may not believe in themselves, so how can they believe in someone else?
“Being happy, kind and doing the right thing will always be the winning hand! You will become invincible in so many ways, I promise!”
6. Open up and smile more often! Do good! Reply with kindness even to anger. Angry people are very sad, they are angry for a reason. They are not happy with their lives and they yell at themselves most of the times, so why interfere in their sad little world? You are way better than that and from my experience, good is much more powerful! Being happy, kind and doing the right thing will always be the winning hand! You will become invincible in so many ways, I promise!
Everyone wants good things, everyone wants love, care, support, so why even try the other way? It makes no sense! You need love, show love! Just be the most lovable person and you will receive it back. People who give shit are always the broken ones, who didn’t receive the support and love but if you did receive it, give it back and let’s just work on the ones that were least fortunate than us.
I am so happy to share these with you and I am sure we will accomplish amazing things this year! And for those who do not know me yet, I am Lara – the girl in the pics, who writes and is also the co-owner and CEO of TEYXO – this fab brand that you are following and I appreciate you so much for sharing my vision and for wanting to make a difference in the world and starting first with your wardrobe – bringing unique affordable out-of-the-box fashion into spotlight. I have started TEYXO with my mom and yes, it has become our family business and we have built it from scratch just because we wanted to make a difference and have a voice! We are working hard and we are extremely happy with this journey and grateful for having you on board! You are fabulous!
Looking forward to hear from you!